If you are the owner of a WordPress blog and want to know the best Facebook plugin for WordPress in 2014 you are going to love this post.
Not a WordPress owner yet? Check out this guide I wrote about how to get up and running with a WordPress website in just 10 minutes.
I have built up several WordPress powered blogs in the social media niche so naturally I have installed plenty of Facebook plugins to figure out the best way to integrate my sites with Facebook.
This article explains five free Facebook plugins for WordPress that I use turbo-boost my blogs.
1. Official Facebook for WordPress Plugin
The Official Facebook for WordPress Plugin adds Facebook social plugins to your WordPress site.
Associate your WordPress site with a free Facebook application identifier to enable advanced features such as automatically sharing new posts to an author’s Facebook timeline or your site’s Facebook page.
This plugin is developed by Facebook so you can rest assured that the code behind it is solid.
- Open Graph protocol markup optimizes your content for social sharing and rich story previews on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Mixi, and more.
- Facebook Insights support for Facebook accounts associated with a Facebook application.
- Add Like, send, and subscribe buttons to every post to help your site’s readers share content with friends or stay connected to future content shared by your site on Facebook.
- Enable the Facebook Comments Box social plugin to encourage new comments from logged-in Facebook users and his or her Facebook friends. Comments associated with a post are sorted according to social signals including friend networks, most liked, or the most active discussion threads.
- Recommendations Bar helps visitors discover additional content on your site by recommending posts and encouraging Like shares.
- Recommendations Box suggests related posts in a configurable widget.
- Mention Facebook friends and Facebook pages associated with a post.
2. GoViral Facebook Share Popup
A great plugin that I recently discovered is the GoViral Facebook Share Popup.
This paid plugin is the best solution to Boost Your Shares, Likes, and Traffic from Facebook.
This plugin works in a few different powerful ways.
Get More People to Share Your Post Content
The GoViral Share & Like PopUp works great for post content. After your visitor finishes reading your post content and reaches the bottom, there is a delay (editable within admin) and then the GoViral automated popup will display.
Get More People to Share Your YouTube Videos
Another option is the GoViral YouTube Share & Like PopUp. After your visitor finishes watching a YouTube embedded video, the GoViral plugin automatically popups up the share prompt and then a Facebook fan page like prompt.
Although GoViral is a paid plugin it is well worth the money as it can cause your website traffic to skyrocket!
3. Facebook Share and Like Buttons
The plugin that I currently use that is at the top of this post is called Floating Social Bar.
The plugin I use for the Facebook and Twitter share buttons to the left of this page are from the plugin AddThis Smart Layers.
For the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post check out the plugin shareaholic.
Feel free to use it.
4. Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox
The Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox is a lightbox that shades out your website while highlighting your Like Box.
Although I prefer to use a Lightbox to promote my newsletter, I have tested this method and it is very effective for getting new likes.
If you have a WordPress website with good traffic implement this plugin if you want to run up your fan count fast with new Facebook fans.
The settings for this plugin that can be adjusted are: the Like Box size, delay of the light box, and color of the back shade.
Below is an example of what this plugin can look like.
Want even more likes for your page? Check out this epic article for 101 ways to get more Facebook likes.
5. Facebook Like Box
There are a few different Like Box plugins out there and I recommend you avoid them all.
The reason I recommend this is because if you implement a Facebook Like Box by copy and pasting the code into a text widget your site will load faster than if you use a plugin to import the code.
When working with the band Micheal Learns to Rock I was able to cut the load time of their site down by 5 seconds when I removed their Like Box plugin and installed the code manually using the widget building tool shown below:
If you are on WordPress simply paste the code generated from this tool into a text widget in your sidebar.
I find that I get more new likes when I paste my Like Box higher on my page and above the fold.
Have you integrated any Facebook plugins with your WordPress blog? Let us know in the comments below!
Free Facebook Tips eBook
Grab a copy of our Facebook eBook: 50 Powerful Facebook Tips.
This Facebook eBook will only be free for a limited time.
Latest posts by Garin (see all)
- How To Optimize Your WordPress Website For Facebook - May 14, 2015
- 50 Innovative Ways To Get More Facebook Fan Page Likes - May 7, 2015
- How To Add a Facebook Page Plugin To A WordPress Website - April 27, 2015