If you are the owner of a WordPress blog and are wondering about some awesome plugins for Facebook integration you are going to love this post.
Not a WordPress owner yet? Check out this guide I wrote about how to get up and running with a WordPress website in just 10 minutes.
I have built up several WordPress powered blogs in the social media niche so naturally I have installed plenty of Facebook plugins to figure out the best way to integrate my sites with Facebook.
This article explains five of the most powerful Facebook WordPress plugins that I use turbo-boost my blogs.
1. SEO Facebook Comments
SEO Facebook Comments is first on the list because it seems to me to be the most powerful plugin on this list.
Read on and discover why.
What This Plugin Does
SEO Facebook Comments embeds a Facebook Comment Form on your blog, which makes it easy for people who are already logged into Facebook to comment on your site.
This plugin also integrates seamlessly with WordPress and any new comments made with it will be added to the WordPress Database and help with website SEO.
Normally the Facebook comment system is embed into your page through an iframe. Because of that Google can’t read those comments or associate them with your page.
This plugin changes all that by adding and loading all the comments on your page through your WordPress Database like the rest of your site.
This plugin is installed into this site and you can use it if you’d like. Below is a screen cap of what this plugin looks like on another page of this blog.
2. The Official Facebook for WordPress Plugin
The Official Facebook for WordPress Plugin adds Facebook social plugins to your WordPress site.
Associate your WordPress site with a free Facebook application identifier to enable advanced features such as automatically sharing new posts to an author’s Facebook timeline or your site’s Facebook page.
This plugin is developed by Facebook so you can rest assured that the code behind it is solid.
- Open Graph protocol markup optimizes your content for social sharing and rich story previews on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Mixi, and more.
- Facebook Insights support for Facebook accounts associated with a Facebook application.
- Add Like, send, and subscribe buttons to every post to help your site’s readers share content with friends or stay connected to future content shared by your site on Facebook.
- Enable the Facebook Comments Box social plugin to encourage new comments from logged-in Facebook users and his or her Facebook friends. Comments associated with a post are sorted according to social signals including friend networks, most liked, or the most active discussion threads.
- Recommendations Bar helps visitors discover additional content on your site by recommending posts and encouraging Like shares.
- Recommendations Box suggests related posts in a configurable widget.
- Mention Facebook friends and Facebook pages associated with a post.
3. WP FB Like
WP FB Like is the plugin I use on several of my blogs to implement a Facebook Like buttons into each of my blog posts.
On this blog I use the official Facebook plugin
This plugin is responsive and will show new likes within seconds of them being made.
Go to the top or bottom of this page and feel free to use it.
4. Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox
The Facebook Page Promoter Lightbox is a lightbox that shades out your website while highlighting your Like Box.
Although I prefer to use a Lightbox to promote my newsletter, I have tested this method and it is very effective for getting new likes.
If you have a WordPress website with good traffic implement this plugin if you want to run up your fan count fast with new Facebook fans.
The settings for this plugin that can be adjusted are: the Like Box size, delay of the light box, and color of the back shade.
Below is an example of what this plugin can look like.
Want even more likes for your page? Check out our article for 50 tips about how to get more Facebook likes.
5. Facebook Like Box
There are a few different Like Box plugins out there and I recommend you avoid them all.
The reason I recommed this is because if you implement a Facebook Like Box your site will load faster.
When working with the band Micheal Learns to Rock I was able to cut the load time of their site down by 5 seconds when I removed their Like Box plugin and installed the code manually using the widget building tool shown below:
If you are on WordPress simply paste the code generated from this tool into a text widget in your sidebar.
I find that I get more new likes when I paste my Like Box higher on my page and above the fold.
Have you integrated Facebook with your WordPress blog? Let us know in the comments below!