Applying Facebook content marketing strategy is an awesome way to generate ongoing engagement and interest in your business.
If you apply proven methods for effective content posting these can net you a dramatic increase in the number of likes, comments and shares you are able to get.
When posting links make sure to take a few moments and edit the link preview to include a quality snippet describing the content and the best image as well.
If you are a WordPress blogger you can optimize your content for Facebook by making sure your featured image is square. Square images show up best in Facebook link previews and helps attract more clicks.
Although links are great for getting visitors back to your site I find that text and graphic posts get even better engagement!
For an example of how well images share just have a look at Instagram. If you have an iPhone or a newer Android device and want to get more engagement with your Facebook photos I highly recommend you download and use the Instagram app.
When you post to Instagram you can simultaneously post to sites like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more. This saves time and is the best way I have found to post content to the main social networks at once!
I didn’t design the infographic below and I think it sends some good tips, and some others that I disagree with.
The graphic below says to choose a day of the week and re-post it every week, and it says the word “Monday” on a calendar.
First of all re-posting the same campaign the same way is a bad idea. You need to keep campaigns ever changing and fresh so that your fans stay engaged.
In terms of what day of the week should you run a campaign I have found Monday to be the worst day of the week for a campaign and I have found that Thursday and Friday are the best days for a Facebook campaign.
Keep your Facebook content frequent, valuable, and dynamic and the more value you create the better results you will get!
Which Content Works Best on Facebook
Guide to Facebook Content Marketing
Keep it Real
People prefer to respond and engage with brands that have real personality over brands that adopt a dry and unfriendly tone.
Here are some ways you can keep it real on Facebook:
- Talk about others (instead of yourself) and remain upbeat and positive.
- Resist the urge to post about endless product descriptions or 24/7 sales pitches.
- Keep the content fresh, new and exciting.
- Don’t bleed the feed. A few posts a day is usually enough. Better to post a few high quality impactful posts than a ton of posts that have little effect.
- Develop your brand’s human voice and if possible identify the person who is making the posts. Humanize your brand page as much as possible.
- Focus on helping your fans.
- Share relevant and helpful content (ideally from your blog).
- Take time to respond to people who write on your wall or message you.
That’s it for this post! Stay tuned for more Facebook Marketing content and leave a comment below to let us know what you think.
For more on this topic check out this related post I wrote about how to get more likes and engagement.
Leave a comment below and let us know your best Facebook content marketing strategy tip!
Feel free to leave your Facebook page URL in your comment below.
Free Facebook Tips eBook
Grab a copy of our FREE Facebook eBook: 50 Powerful Facebook Tips.
This Facebook eBook will only be free for a limited time.
Latest posts by Garin (see all)
- Facebook Surpasses 1,000,000,000 Active Daily Users - August 28, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg and The Future of Facebook - August 26, 2015
- 50 Innovative Ways To Get More Facebook Fan Page Likes - August 26, 2015