In this post 30 of Mark Zuckerberg’s most powerful quotes are revealed.
Mark Zuckerberg is an awesome guy. His passion for Facebook shines through with everything that he helps the Facebook team do.
Not surprisingly Mark is super sharp and the quotes below show off some of his most insightful statements.
Have a look over the quotes and let me know which ones you like best!
“In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
- All of my friends who have younger siblings who are going to college or high school – my number one piece of advice is: You should learn how to program.”
- “Building a mission and building a business go hand-in-hand. It is true that the primary thing that makes me excited about what we’re doing is the mission, but I also think, from the very beginning, we’ve had this healthy understanding which is that we need to do both.” (Sept. 2012)
- “By giving people the power to share, we’re making the world more transparent.”
- “Facebook is really about communicating and telling stories… We think that people can really help spread awareness of organ donation and that they want to participate in this to their friends. And that can be a big part of helping solve the crisis that’s out there.
- “Find that thing you are super passionate about.”
- “Games is probably the biggest industry today that has gone really social, right. I mean, the incumbent game companies are really being disrupted and are quickly trying to become social. And you have companies like Zynga.”
- “If I were starting now I would do things very differently. I didn’t know anything. In Silicon Valley, you get this feeling that you have to be out here. But it’s not the only place to be. If I were starting now, I would have stayed in Boston. [Silicon Valley] is a little short-term focused and that bothers me.” (Oct. 2011)
- “I don’t want Facebook to be an American company. I don’t want it to be this company that just spreads American values all across the world. …My view on this is that you want to be really culturally sensitive and understand the way that people actually think.” (June 2011)
- “I look at Google and think they have a strong academic culture. Elegant solutions to complex problems.”
- “I remember really vividly, you know, having pizza with my friends a day or two after — I opened up the first version of Facebook at the time I thought, ‘You know, someone needs to build a service like this for the world. But I just never thought that we’d be the ones to help do it. And I think a lot of what it comes down to is we just cared more.” (Jan. 2014)
- “I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.”
- “In terms of doing work and in terms of learning and evolving as a person, you just grow more when you get more people’s perspectives…I really try and live the mission of the company and…keep everything else in my life extremely simple.”
- “I’m here to build something for the long-term. Anything else is a distraction.”
- “It’s really easy to have a nice philosophy about openness, but moving the world in that direction is a different thing. It requires both understanding where you want to go and being pragmatic about getting there.”
- “Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.” (Oct 2009)
- “My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don’t care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being ‘just’ a company means to me is building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.” (Feb. 2011)
- “My friends are people who like building cool stuff. We always have this joke about people who want to just start companies without making something valuable. There’s a lot of that in Silicon Valley.”
- “People can be really smart or have skills that are directly applicable, but if they don’t really believe in it, then they are not going to really work hard.” (Oct. 2005)
- “People don’t care about what you say, they care about what you build.”
- “The basis of our partnership strategy and our partnership approach: We build the social technology. They provide the music.”
- “The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” (Oct. 2011)
- “The Hacker Way is an approach to building that involves continuous improvement and iteration. Hackers believe that something can always be better, and that nothing is ever complete.” (Feb. 2012)
- “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?“
- “The thing that we are trying to do at Facebook, is just help people connect and communicate more efficiently.”
- “Think about what people are doing on Facebook today. They’re keeping up with their friends and family, but they’re also building an image and identity for themselves, which in a sense is their brand. They’re connecting with the audience that they want to connect to. It’s almost a disadvantage if you’re not on it now.”
- “This is a perverse thing, personally, but I would rather be in the cycle where people are underestimating us. It gives us latitude to go out and make big bets that excite and amaze people.”
- “We look for people who are passionate about something. In a way, it almost doesn’t matter what you’re passionate about.”
- “What really motivates people at Facebook is building stuff that they’re proud of.”
- “When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. So, what we view our role as, is giving people that power.”
- “You are better off trying something and having it not work and learning from that than not doing anything at all.”
What is your favorite quote from Mark Zuckerberg? Do you know of a good quote that is not on this list?
Share your favorite quote(s) in a comment below!
Free Facebook Tips eBook
Grab a copy of our FREE Facebook eBook: 50 Powerful Facebook Tips.
This Facebook eBook will only be free for a limited time.
Latest posts by Garin (see all)
- 50 Great Ways To Get More Facebook Page Likes - December 28, 2016
- 15 Facebook Security Tips to Save Your Account From Getting Hacked - July 15, 2016
- 5 High Leverage Ways to Get MASSIVE Results on Facebook - July 13, 2016